The seller can navigate to the sign-up module by clicking on the ‘Become a seller’ button from the footer navigation links. Sellers can also sign up through the buyer dashboard if they have already registered as a buyer on the platform.
1) Details Tab
Seller will navigate to the ‘Seller Registration’ page where the seller needs to input/edit the following fields:
● Name: Seller can edit their name.
● Username: Seller will input a unique preferred username.
● Email: Seller can edit their email address.
● Password: Seller will input the preferred password
● Confirm Password: Seller will input the password entered in the previous field.
● Terms & Conditions checkbox: Seller needs to check the checkbox to accept the portal's terms and conditions.
● Newsletter checkbox: Seller needs to check this checkbox if they wish to receive updates and newsletters from the portal.
Upon clicking the ‘Register’ button, the seller will be navigated to the Activation tab. Please refer the screenshot below:
2) Activation Tab
Seller will need to enter to the following information to complete registration:
● Contact Number: Seller will input the preferred contact number.
● Business Name: Seller will input the business name.
● Contact Person: Seller will input the name of the contact person at the business.
Clicking on the ‘save changes’ button will navigate the seller to the ‘Confirmation’ tab.
3) Confirmation Tab
The confirmation tab will display a confirmation message of successful registration. Clicking the ‘Login’ button will navigate the seller to the sign-in page.
Before Login to the system, the seller needs to verify his/her email address. The seller will receive a verification link to the registered email address.
After successful login, Seller can click on the user icon from the homepage to access profile actions such as
● Dashboard – will navigate the seller to the ‘Dashboard’ page.
● My Sales – will navigate the seller to the ‘Sales’ page in the Dashboard.
● My Account – will navigate the seller to the ‘My Account’ page in the Dashboard.
● My Messages – will navigate the seller to the ‘Messages’ page in the Dashboard.
● My Credits – will navigate the seller to the ‘My Credits’ page in the Dashboard.
● Logout - – will log the seller out of the system
A) In this section, the seller can view statistics for the following:
● Total Sales – Total sales amount of orders that have reached complete status.
● Total Credits - Total credits which include credits received from completed orders only.
● Total Orders – Total orders that are in completed status.
● Total Sold Items – Total items sold that have order status as completed.
● Total Messages
The statistics sections link to their respective details page for each.
B) A sales graph can be viewed on the dashboard which shows a half-yearly sales trend of the seller. Just below the sales graph section, the seller can also view a list of latest orders (most recent first) placed by customers.
C) To seller has navigation shortcuts placed in the action column. The eye icon ‘ ’ will navigate the seller to the order detail page. While the cross icon ‘ ’ will navigate the seller to the cancel order page. The ‘View All’ link will navigate the seller to the ‘Sales’ tab.
D) Two shortcut links are provided above the statistics section of the dashboard:
● My Sales: This link will redirect the seller to the ‘My Sales’” page where the seller can view a
list of total orders placed.
● My Products: This link will redirect the seller to the ‘My Inventory’ page that lists products that are available within the seller’s store.
From this Shop Details page, Seller can view and manage the details of their shop. In order to add a product, the shop of the seller must be created first. Please refer to the below tabs for information that needs to be filled by the Seller on the Shop Setup page:
1) General Tab
The seller can input relevant shop details that would be displayed to the buyer/customer on the frontend. This section also allows the seller to edit/update key information.
● Identifier: This field requires the seller to input their Shop name.
● Shop SEO Friendly URL: This field helps with editing the shop URL for SEO purposes.
● Postal Code: This field requires the seller to input the postal code for the shop.
● Phone: This field requires the seller to input the Phone number for the shop.
● Country: Seller needs to select the country in which the shop is located.
● State: Seller needs to select the state in which the shop is located.
● Display Status: Seller can turn OFF or ON the display status of the shop at the front end. This functionality should help the seller during the initial shop set up or making bulk updates.
● Free Shipping on Seller can set the amount value of the cart for an order to be eligible for free shipping. Leaving this field blank or entering 0 will not entitle the buyer for any free shipping from this seller.
Note: Sellers can set free shipping on each product while adding a product to their stores.
2) Language Tab(s)
The seller needs to enter the following details in the entire languages tab like English, Arabic, etc. This detail is displayed on the shop detail page. The seller can edit/manage this information in the future from this tab itself.
Fields to be updated
● Shop Name
● Shop City
● Contact Person
● Payment Policy
● Delivery Policy
● Refund Policy
● Additional Information
● Seller Information
3) Return Address Tab
The seller can add a return address from this section. Buyer(s) can use this address for returning order(s) or product(s) to the Seller. Adding the return address for the shop is mandatory. The return address tab will have a language sub-tab.
4) Layout Tab
The seller tab has two sub-tabs namely Template & Theme Color. This tab allows the seller to select the desired layout & color options for their shop. Product listings, banners, background & header colors and slides will be displayed in the selections made.
5) Media Tab
This tab allows the seller to upload a logo, background image and top banner for the shop. Banner size is defined by the layout chosen in the layout tab and the system will display the recommended resolution required for the banner.
6) Collection Tab
The seller can define a collection of products that should be highlighted in the shop. Seller will need to link products to the collection via the link sub-tab. This collection will be displayed on the shop detail page under the collection name defined by the seller.
EcomBRI is a catalog-based system, this means that there is a catalog of products that the admin has predefined in the system. A seller can use these predefined products and add them to their shop. The default view for the products tab, which is ‘Marketplace Products’, displays all the catalog products available in the system along with any seller defined custom products. A seller can create new custom products by clicking on the ‘Add New Catalog’ button only if the admin of the site has chosen to grant permissions to a seller to add custom products.
The ‘add to store’ button will allow the seller to select the particular catalog product, add inventory details and display the product within their shop.
7.1. Marketplace Products
The default view of this tab displays products available for the seller to add to his shop. The products list contains products the seller has added himself and products added by the admin. Please note that a seller will not be able to view the products of another seller.
The seller can only edit and delete products that are created by the seller themselves. For all products added by the Admin, the seller has viewing rights only.
Following Action options can be found for products based on who has added the product-
1. Search Products
The seller can search for a product using keywords/ean/isbn/ups code. Additional search filters can be applied based on Product Type, Marketplace products and Private products.
2. Shipped by Me toggle
Turning on the ‘Shipped by me’ toggle will also give access to the ‘Edit Shipping’ icon. This will let the seller define their shipping rates for the product.
3. Add to store
Add to the store button navigates the seller to the ‘My inventory>Inventory setup’ tab where the seller can add/update various product details.
General Tab - Basic
Add to the store button will save the new product and navigate the seller to the ‘My inventory>Inventory setup’ tab where the seller can add/update various product details.
As per the above screenshot, for English & Arabic, sellers need to submit the following details
● Product Display Title
● Any Extra comments for buyer
Under Link warranty policies and Link return policies, a seller can assign predefined policies with the product. Only Admin can create these policies from the admin area.
The seller can set the language-specific SEO details such as Meta title, Meta keyword, Meta description and other Meta tags for the product.
The seller can offer a product at a special price from the ‘Special Price’ tab. To offer a product at a discounted price, the seller can provide the date range from which the special price will be offered.
The seller can provide bulk purchase discounts from the ‘Volume Discounts’ tab. To sell a product at a discounted price seller needs to input the quantity of product to be purchased and the discount percentage offered on bulk purchase.
The seller can create Product Add-ons and Related Products under the ‘Links’ tab. Only products available in the seller shop will be shown in the dropdown list. These linked products will show on the product detail page.
The download tab will be visible in the case of digital products only. There are two options to add files for digital products:
● Digital Download File – Seller can upload a file and that will be stored on the server.
● Digital Download Link – Seller can add a link to download the file such as Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.
4. Product Info
‘Product Info’ button displays a pop up with product information.
‘Edit’ button is only displayed on products owned/added by the seller themselves. Seller is navigated to the ‘Custom Catalog Product Setup’ page where the seller(s) can add/edit/update product details.
6. Product Images
‘Product images’ button is only displayed on products owned/added by the seller themselves. The seller can select the desired option for the product, language and upload the product image.
7. Edit Shipping
‘Edit Shipping’ button is only displayed for products that are shipped by the seller themselves. Clicking on the button navigates the seller to the shipping form with the following values.
● Shipping Country: Input/select country from where the product will be shipped from.
● Free Shipping (Checkbox): Check this box if free shipping is applicable for the product.
● Ships To: Input/select country the product is being shipped to.
● Shipping Company: Input/select shipping vendors available.
● Processing Time: Input/select shipping labels/services available.
● Cost: Input cost of shipping product.
● Each Additional Item: Input cost of shipping additional item of the same product.
The seller can define multiple shipping methods for the product.
Add New Catalog
The ‘add new catalog’ button lets the seller add a custom product that is not available within the catalog defined by the admin. This option is only visible if the admin has allowed sellers to add their custom products.
Upon clicking the button seller is navigated to the ‘Custom Catalog Product Setup’ page where the seller will have to select the product category and subcategories associated with the product.
Upon selecting the category, the seller is navigated to the ‘Add my product’ section where product details can be defined.
1. General Tab – Basic
Following fields need to be defined within the system
● Product Identifier: The unique name of the product to be used for the system’s internal purpose.
● Product Type: Select from physical or digital
● Model: Input model for the product
● Brand/Manufacturer: Select/input brand for the product
● Brand Not Found? Select Other And Request For Brand: Seller can request with the admin of the portal to add a brand that is not listed. The seller can use this brand only once an admin has approved the same.
● Product Featured: Check if the product should be added to the featured collection.
● Minimum selling price: Input the minimum selling price for the product
● Tax Category: Select the tax category applicable to the product.
● Length: Input length of the product
● Width: Input width of the product
● Height: Input height of the product
● Dimension Unit: Select unit for dimensions of the product
● Weight: Input weight for the product
● Weight Unit: Select a unit for the weight of the product
● Product Status: Select between active or in-active options to show
● Available for COD: Select option if the product is available for ‘Cash on Delivery’.
● Shipped by me: Select if shipping is done by the seller.
● EAN/UPC code: Input EAN/UPC code for the product. The buyer can search the products using this code from the front end.
● Shipping info/charges
▪ Shipping Country: Inputs country from where the product will be shipped from.
▪ Free Shipping (Checkbox): Check this box if free shipping is applicable for the product.
▪ Ships To: Input/select country the product is being shipped to.
▪ Shipping Company: Input/select shipping vendors available.
▪ Processing Time: Input/select shipping labels/services available.
▪ Cost: Input cost of shipping product.
▪ Each Additional Item: Input cost of shipping additional item of the same product.
The seller can define multiple shipping methods for the product.
2. General Tab – Language Options
The seller can define a product name to be displayed in selected language along with product description and YouTube video.
The seller can select from the dropdown list which categories and sub-categories to link with the product. The seller can also define tags to be used for the product. A new tag can be defined by clicking on the ‘Click here to add a new tag’ button.
Options are the product variants that are available in the system, for example, color, size, etc. The seller can select from the dropdown list which options to link with the product.
Specifications are product attributes such as material, dimensions, etc. Seller can add multiple product specifications for a product.
7.2. My Inventory
The ‘My Inventory’ tab under ‘Products’ will display products only within the seller's shop. The seller can search for a product using keywords.
Following Action options can be found for products based on who has added the product-
The seller can turn off/on the status of a product, which means if for a product the status is selected as off then it would not show in the seller's shop.
The edit button navigates the seller to the ‘My inventory>Inventory setup’ tab where the seller can add/update various product details.
The delete button will delete a product from the Seller shop.
The clone button is only available for duplicating the inventory item for products added by the seller themselves. The clone button will allow the seller to make a copy of a product but with a different option.
7.3. Send Product Request
This page will display all the product requests made by the seller to the admin. Clicking on ‘request new product’ will navigate the seller to ‘Add my product’ section where product details can be defined. This requested product has to be approved by the admin first before the seller can add the product to their shop. Approved products will be available to all sellers.
Sellers can use this option to update the inventory details of their product’s stock. The seller would first need to export the CSV file through the ‘Export CSV File’ button, update/edit the details in the CSV
file and then import the edited file back into the system through the ‘Upload CSV File’ button.
9.1. Export tab
Sellers can use this option to export data from the system. The seller would need to select one of the options available and then select the language preference of the file before clicking on submitting to download the file.
Please note that ‘Export Catalogs’ & ‘Export Seller Products’ have additional options to select. For both these options other than the language preference, the seller would need to select the kind of data they would like to export along with the data range.
The following options are available for the data range.
● Does Not Matter: This option will export the complete data for the selected ‘kind of data’.
● By ID Range: By selecting this option the system will export data by the range defined in the ‘Start ID’ & ‘End ID’ fields. ID’s are system assigned to the products in the system. Please refer the screenshot below:
● By Batches: By selecting this option the system will export data in batches of the number mentioned in the ‘Counts per batch’ field. ‘Batch Number’ will define within the system if the 1st hundred needs to be exported or the 2nd hundred needs to be exported. Products are ordered by ID & active/inactive in the CSV exported.
9.2. Import Tab
Sellers can use this option to import data into the system. The seller would first need to select one of the
options available between ‘Content’ or ‘Media’ and then select the language preference of the file before, Data option and attach the file before clicking on submitting to import the file. Please note that it is always recommended to first export the file the seller wants to import. The seller is recommended to make changes to the exported file and then import the edited file itself. This will ensure to keep the system ID & identifier data intact.
9.3. Settings Tab
This tab allows the seller to manage the import/export categories.
The sales tab shows the seller a list of orders placed by buyers which have the following statuses:
● Payment Confirmed
● In Process
● Return Requested
Note: Admin can also manage the order statuses along with the seller.
The seller can filter the orders by using one or multiple search filters:
● Date From and Date To
● Order From ($) and Order To ($)
Clicking on the icon by the seller will cancel the order placed by the buyer. Seller will be redirected to the details page where the seller can mention reasons/details for cancelling the order.
Clicking on the icon or Order ID, the seller will be redirected to the view details page of the order. The seller can view the following details on the view details page of the order:
● Buyer/Customer details (Name)
● Status of the order
● Cart Total
● Delivery charges
● Order’s Total
● Invoice No.
● Product’s details
● Shipping and Billing Address
● List of comments added by the buyer while updating the status of the order.
● Link “Print” to get print out of the order
Within the order details page, the seller can print the order details and change the status of the order.
The bottom section contains the order comments which are cumulative of all the comments made by the Admin, Seller & Buyer.
Note: Once the order is marked complete by the Admin only then the order earnings are updated in the Seller wallet.
On this tab, the seller can view a list of requests sent by buyers for cancellation of order(s) placed. The seller can search for any order by using the following filters:
● Order Id/Invoice No.
● Date From and Date To
● Status (Pending, Approved and Declined)
Note: Only admin can approve/decline the cancellation request. The seller can only view it. If a cancellation request is ‘pending’ then order status cannot be changed by the seller.
On this tab, the seller can view a list of orders for which buyers have initiated a request for return. Clicking on the icon will navigate the seller to the order refund request page.
● The seller can view and reply to the buyer's message of refund.
● The seller can approve the refund.
● The seller can escalate the issue to the admin of the portal.
Options are variations of a product may be in color, size, etc. In this section, the seller can add options for products he has defined to sell in his shop.
Clicking the add option button, a pop up is displayed where the seller can define a new option for the product. Seller will first define an option category. Following options are available while defining an option category
1) Option identifier – Unique input field to set option category
2) Option name (Languages) – Name of the option in different languages
3) An option has a separate image – Yes/No dropdown to indicate if the different image is available for an option category. Used while defining color options.
4) An option is a color - Yes/No dropdown to indicate if the options category is a color.
Once the options category is defined Seller will then need to define option values in the options category defined previously.
This section is only visible on the dashboard if the Admin of the portal has enabled subscription packages.
The seller can see past and present subscribed subscription packages on this page.
The seller can also turn on & off the auto-renew subscription functionality through the toggle button located on the top right corner. When turned on, this will automatically renew the seller’s subscription plan with the website. Subscription packages are auto-renew only if the seller has enough credits in their wallet. If there aren’t sufficient credits in the wallet then the subscription plan will not be renewed and the seller shop and products will be hidden on the website, post expiry of the subscription package.
Search filters are present for the seller to locate a particular subscription order. Clicking on a particular subscription order number or the icon will navigate the seller to the order details page.
Clicking on the ‘Renew Subscription’/ icon will renew the same subscription package for the seller.
On clicking the subscription packages option from the left navigation menu, the seller is navigated to the packages page. Here the seller can view various subscription packages available from the business/admin. Clicking on the ‘Buy plan’ will enable the seller to select and pay (if required) the desired subscription package they want to enroll for. Seller will be then navigated to the payment gateway page where the seller can pay the requested amount and activate the subscription.
Once a package is subscribed then the seller can only view renewal plans which can be selected in a similar way as defined above.
The seller can manage account information such as profile details and bank account information under this section.
The seller can edit profile details such as:
● Customer Name
● Brief Profile
● What Kind Products Services Advertise
Sellers cannot edit Username, Email & Date of Birth as it is unique within the database records.
The seller can also upload or remove the profile image from this section and also have the feature to select a default dashboard (Buyer or Seller) which would be displayed after login. Note: Seller dashboard can only be selected it admin has allowed sellers a buyer role as well.
Bank Account Tab
The seller can add bank account related information under this tab. Following are the details that can be added under this section:
● Bank Name
● Account Holder Name
● Account Number
● IFSC Swift Code
● Bank Address
As per the GDPR guidelines, sellers can raise a request to remove their data using the ‘Request to remove my data’ button. The seller can also request their data from the admin using the ‘request my data’ button. This data is restricted to personal data and not order based data in the system.
A list of all transactions for the seller will be displayed under this section. The seller can send a fund withdrawal request to the admin from this section. The seller can also search for any transaction by using the following search filters:
● From date & To Date
A seller can send a withdrawal request by clicking the “Request Withdrawal” button. The seller will then have to fill their own bank details if they have not previously added bank details under the “My Account” section.
The seller needs to share bank account details with the admin as approved withdrawal requests/funds are transferred outside of the system through the admin’s bank.
The seller can also add virtual credits to his bank account by entering the amount and clicking the added money to the account button. This will navigate the seller to a payment gateway.
Note: Virtual credits are the same value of actual money and vice versa.
The seller can define date ranges to view sales reports. By clicking on the ‘export’ button, the seller can download the sales report in CSV format. Upon clicking a particular date the seller will navigate to the detailed sales report page for that particular date.
The seller can view the stock quantity available of the products from his shop in this report. the seller can export this report in CSV format.
The seller can view the stock quantity available, the stock that is on order, the unit price of the products and the total price of the product quantity left in stock from this report. The seller can export this report in CSV format.